Privacy Statement for www.alhijaztravel.com
Following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for our www.alhijaztravel.com website.
What information do we collect? | Site and Service Updates | Information from competitions.
Our Opt Out Policy | Cookies | Security
What information do we ask and how we employ it?
As fully protected by ATOL, we request you to give us your basic information such as your name, email address and phone number. We also request you to pick a login name and password in order to get quick access some of our services in applicable in our website. We simply entail your e-mail address in order to send you proof of online bookings, customer service emails and to validate your new member registration.
• We need your e-mail address in order to send you confirmation of online bookings, customer service emails and to confirm your new member registration. During your member registration, you will have the option to receive travel offers by email - if you do not wish to continue to receive these travel offers by email. You can opt out at any time by emailing to email@example.com policy terms and conditions described below.
• We collect your credit card number and expiration date to order and book a flight, hotel or car rental.
• We would use your phone number if we need to contact you urgently (for example if you had made a mistake entering your email address).
• We collect and store your credit card information in our internal database. Only authorized staff has access to this information and the same is stored and protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems to prevent any unauthorized access.
• We ask you where did you hear about www.alhijaztravel.com and we use this information to analyses the effectiveness of the various publicity campaigns.
• In order to use the Flight Watch service you need to provide us with your mobile telephone number. This number is only used to fulfill the Flight Watch function and is not shared with third parties.
• We log domain names and/or IP addresses, and browser type for our internal site traffic statistics. IP addresses, etc. are not tied to personally identifiable information.
• This site contains links to other sites that we are not partnered with; however, www.alhijaztravel.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Sites we partner with have the same look and feel as our alhijaztravel.com. They use your information only for supplying the service they offer, and may not use your personally identifiable information for anything other than the primary purpose for which the information was collected.
Site and Service Updates
We also send the user site and service announcements by email. Members are not able to un-subscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email or phone.
Information gathered from competitions
We occasionally run competitions on our site. We may ask for personal information to contact you if necessary (with a winner's notification, for example). You will also have the choice to be added to our mailing list for future promotions and travel offers. You may opt-out at any time of receiving future mailings; see the opt out section below. Abbreviated customer names may be used on our competition winner’s page as well.
Our Opt Out Policy
You can un-subscribe from travel offers by email at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of the newsletter, or by sending a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing the information our Site gathers/tracks
We do not sell customer names or other private profile information to third parties and have no intention of doing so in the future. Occasionally, alhijaztravel.com will hire a third party to act on our behalf for projects such as market research surveys and contest entry processing and will provide information to these third parties specifically for use in connection with these projects. The information we provide to such third parties is protected by a confidentiality agreement and is to be used solely for completing the specific project.
We at www.alhijaztravel.com are constantly researching the latest in technology to ensure that we are able to give you the most effective, informative and enjoyable experience on our site. An integral part of this is the use of permanent cookies. A cookie is a small text file that our site may send to your hard drive when you are logged on to our Hajj and Umrah site. When you next visit alhijaztravel.com, our site may request the retrieval of one of these cookies, and the information received will personalize our content, offers and services to suit your individual travel preferences.
If you want to know when our site is using a cookie from your hard drive, you can set your browser to send you an alert. If you prefer to use our site without utilizing cookies, you can set your browser to not accept them at all; however, they will make your life easier. Many websites are employing this cookie technology and cookies are never to be used to store information of a private nature, such as credit card numbers. However, we tie cookie usage to personally identifiable information on our end to provide personalized travel preferences. Also, you can be assured that the information stored in any cookies initiated by AL Hijaz Travel UK cannot be accessed by any other websites.
www.alhijaztravel.com works with a third party advertising company to serve ads when you visit our website. This company may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology to ensure the privacy of the information provided to us both in the flights booking engine and in the order forms. At no time is the customers debit/credit card details transmitted un-encrypted over the Internet. We also operate behind a firewall to ensure there is no unauthorized access to our systems.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
If we are going to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we would notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our website notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post the notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us email@example.com